The Streets of Greece

The Streets of Greece

Abigail Tomer

Homecoming of 2023 is right around the corner on October 8th from 6:30-9:30. East students have little time  to collect their quest forms, found in the office, which are due on September 30th, this allows any east student from grades 10-12 to be allowed into East’s party, drop off forms into the PAC office, room A208. Sales for tickets have already begun, opened on September 12th ticket purchasing through Infinite Campus. To purchase tickets, go to the drop-down menu and head to school shop. This is where you can click on CB East Homecoming to fill out your information and to purchase tickets. This new way of purchasing is to hopefully get attendees into the dance faster.

This year there will be no paper tickets handed out to students but instead it will be linked to your student ID’s with a bar code. Like last year student ID’s are required to enter homecoming, either by having your student ID or by going through infinite campus to pull up the bar code to be scanned and then you can head on into the festivity.

The Greece theme transports us across the sea into this beautiful country. Outside will be decorated as if you were walking down a glistening street in the city of Santorini or Athens. Yes, the plans so far are to have this celebration outside but, you must be asking, what if is there are weather conditions? On October 6th there will then be a decision based on the weather if it needs to be moved indoors. This formal event will be a gorgeous night under the stars an exciting night full of dancing, singing, and laughing.

Student Council has been hard at work to plan homecoming, Royal Patriot Court and spirit week. Spirit week is the week leading up to Saturday October 8th. We can’t wait to hear what exciting daily themes they come up with. A big thanks to student council for planning such an amazing week. Let’s get excited to be able to walk on the streets of Greece.