The Patriot Newspaper

The Student News Site of Central Bucks High School East

The Patriot Newspaper

The Patriot Newspaper

Featured Athlete: Jacob Cummisky

Jacob Cummisky goes into his senior year with his team ready for states. Basketball has been a tremendous part of his life since he was in first grade.

Jacob first picked up a basketball at 6 years old, following in the footsteps of his brother Liam. Ever since then, he has kept the tradition of practicing with his brother through his senior year. Throughout his basketball career, Jacob has played for many different teams such as CBAA, Penn Warriors, and CB East. During his time at East, he has consistently played for East’s varsity team. Jacob was on varsity his freshman year but has been the starting point guard since his sophomore year. He described playing on varsity all four years as a “Great opportunity to see the court early and gain some experience”. During his freshman year, Jake gave us a glimpse of how dominant he could be during his high school career by hitting two buzzer beaters in the playoffs.

Jake will be the starting point guard this year. He always rallies up the crowd by crossing over defenders for an easy bucket or hitting a wide-open player for a three pointer. This year, Jake’s goals are to win the Suburban One League and to go far in states. Jacob said he’s going to “do what I have to do” to ensure success throughout the season. He understands what is at stake, and he wants to give his all for his final season of high school basketball. Jake has described being a part of the East Basketball program as “being a part of a family”. He said that “we all like to compete, but at the end of the day, we’re all brothers”. Jake wants to continue playing basketball in college but is unsure of where he wants to go. He currently has interest from some Ivy League and Patriot League schools.