The Patriot Newspaper

The Student News Site of Central Bucks High School East

The Patriot Newspaper

The Patriot Newspaper

Teacher Feature: Mrs. Bartchak

Beginning her career last year, Mrs. Bartchak has made a lasting impression on the student body and her colleagues at East. Growing up in Clinton, New Jersey with a big Italian family began her interest in cooking. Spending time with her grandmother and helping cook dinner every night taught her how to work in the kitchen. Being one of the oldest of five children, she was a great help to her parents in preparing meals. Receiving her degree in elementary education at Saint Joseph’s University began her education in teaching. Cooking became something she did on a day-to-day basis to a career she thoroughly enjoys.

Mrs. Bartchak’s inspirations to become an educator stem from her love of people and children. Her goal is to create a space where kids can express themselves freely and most importantly, have fun. While attending her son’s family and consumer science class during back-to-school night, she realized her dream job would be to teach cooking to kids. It perfectly encompasses her two favorite pieces of life, working with kids and teaching the homestyle cooking she grew up loving.

In terms of favorite foods to teach, chicken and waffles takes the cake. Mrs. Bartchak always enjoys how much her students love cooking this southern dish. Teaching new skills, like how to poach an egg for eggs benedict is rewarding because she knows she is teaching her students a skill that is not well known. She loves each and every recipe. She also appreciates teaching different skills that her students will be able to use for the rest of their lives.

Her students feel equally enthusiastic about taking her class, Ryder Cohen exclaimed, “She inspires me to cook for my family.” Ethan Obukhovsky admires her and how she is always able to keep calm in what may look like chaos. Michelle Oluwabusi agrees that chicken and waffles is a fan favorite, Mrs. Bartchak never fails to put a smile on her face, Michelle stated, “she is my favorite teacher because she is so sweet, fun and motivational!” Being a neighbor to Mrs. Bartchak in the upstairs C wing hallway is an experience everyone would enjoy. Her next-door neighbor, Mr. Moran, thoroughly enjoys the aromas that float over every day from her classroom, he stated, “It’s the best class to be next to and a fun environment to be near.” He always enjoys the tasty snacks that make their way over to his class.

East students and staff always have a place to feel comfortable and at home, in room C104.