The Patriot Newspaper

The Student News Site of Central Bucks High School East

The Patriot Newspaper

The Patriot Newspaper

Featured Athlete: Ava Deprizio

Going into her final year of track and field, Ava DePrizio is excited for the upcoming season. She was voted a captain and is ready to be one of the leaders on the team. The team has high expectations for the spring of 2024.

Ava’s track journey started her freshman year. She joined the CB East track team as a long jumper and hurdler.  Ava has been competing in the long jump, triple jump, and hurdles during her time on the team. She has accomplished many personal records over the last couple of seasons, but when asked about her favorite one, she said “jumping 36 ft in the triple jump is one of my favorites.” Ava described the triple jump as her favorite event because it is the one that she plans to run in college. Ava is excited for the upcoming future of the team by describing the team as “hardworking.”

Ava is looking to be one of the best athletes in the SOL this upcoming season. When asked how track changed her life, she said that “I formed many memories over the years and built immense relationships” Since moving here in 9th grade, Ava has gained many friends and formed many personal bonds through the team. Ava said that she has “really good relationships” with many of her teammates. Ava wants to continue her track journey at a D3 school. She hasn’t decided just yet, but plans to make her decision soon!