The Patriot Newspaper

The Student News Site of Central Bucks High School East

The Patriot Newspaper

The Patriot Newspaper

A Review of the 2024 Grammys

This year’s Grammy ceremony showcased terrific performances as well as outstanding fashion on the red carpet. Digging in deeper to the elegance that is exhibited through each singer/songwriter at the Grammys, there are a few outfits that simply cannot go unnoticed.  

Eight-time Grammy-nominated singer, songwriter, producer, as well as actress and fashion icon, Janelle Monáe showed up to the Grammys with a showstopping dress. This custom-made Armani Privé dress featured intricate detail that truly showed her artistic style and fashionista side.  

Another artist who truly went above and beyond wearing vintage Dior, Rick Owens, and Chrome Hearts is the one and only Lenny Kravitz. He wore tight leather pants and a cropped leather jacket over top of a mesh shirt that showed off his body. This outfit included many accessories such as a punk black belt with rhinestones on it, along with black glasses and two cross necklaces. Kravitz is known for his style of Hard Rock music, and has sold over 40 million albums worldwide. With all these amazing accomplishments sitting on his shoulders, he had to showcase his style of music through his outfit. 

Coming up next, this world-renowned singer/songwriter has evolved into one of the biggest pop stars in this generation, even more now after her Eras Tour. Taylor Swift showed up to the Grammys wearing a beautiful, elegant, flowy white custom Schiaparelli dress with black gloves, a black choker, and a few necklaces. Her dark red lip radiated confidence and boldness, which was then translated as she announced her new album in her Grammy acceptance speech.  

Billie  Eilish showed up to the Grammys wearing a white collared shirt and black tie with black baggy pants, under a Barbie black and pink jacket. She is famous for her blend of pop, alternative, and edgy music style. Not only is her music edgy, but as well as her fashion sense.  She showed out in Chrome Hearts and Willy Chavarria. Well known for her different colored hair, Eilish had her roots died a bright blood red, which then faded into black. Billie Eilish’s hair visually communicates her unique personality and artistic vision.  

Every year, the Grammys are not only an award show, but a fashion show as well. Every artist, song writer, or celebrity that walks across the Red Carpet expresses themselves through their attire. Every iconic look left all camera lens’ eagerly awaiting to capture next year’s fashion trends.